Monday 19 March 2012

My recent Make-up buys

Hi everyone,

As you know I love make-up and constantly buying and looking for new products!

I recently went on a mission to find high-street/drugstore make-up which would work for everyday or work make-up.

Here are some of my finds....


This is my recent buy I bought them to other day to do my fellow blogger Michelle's make-up for her 21st birthday. If you watch Youtube make-up turials you will have heard of Pixiwoo. They are two sisters that create the most amazig videos and inspire me greatly! One of the sister Sam brought out these brushes a while ago, However, I didn't buy them straight away. Until I went into Boots the other day and saw that they were selling them.

I bought the core collection it cost me £21.99 which is great value for 4 amazing brushes. In the pack you get detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush. They are the softest brushes I have ever used and gives a flawless finish.

I think I am now addicted to these brushes and will be investing in all of them!

Here is the link if you want to check them out...

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=11051&stReq=1&searchTerm=real+techniques&newDepSearch=&x=0&y=0#container

I have known about Sleek palettes but didn't think that they would be worth investing in. But just on whim I thought I would buy the Sleek Storm palette and think it cost me £6.49. I have been pleasantly pleased with the eye shadows they are so pigmented and they have become my everyday staple.

I  FINALLY got the Mac 224 blender brush and its AMAZING! It is expensive but there is a reason for it, it blends make-up to perfection. It think it cost me £22, I know £22 just for a make-up brush but I see brushes as an investment piece that will last.

I love a bargain so these lipsticks were impressive.

The first lipstick on the left hand side is Sleek in Papaya Punch which is a gorgeous matte coral colour, will be great with a tan (sorry about the picture its making it look red!). That lipstick came in at £4.

MUA (make-up Academy) lipsticks only are a £1 which I think you cannot go wrong. I think they only stock like more than 10 colours but they are the perfect colours. The middle one is shade 3 which is an every day glossy nude/beige and the right hand side is shade 7 and is a bright gloss pink.


 



I really wanted another Mac foundation because I use their Studio Fix in NW25 and really like it on my skin. However, I recently went into my nearest store and got terrible service. I was willing to buy a couple of products which I really like the mineralize skinfinish bronzer, Russian Red Lipstick etc. But after the girl was so rude and unhelpful I walked out disappointed and annoyed to say the least.

So I went into Boots and I do really like No.7 products and I had a £5 off voucher for the brand which made buy. I wanted a new foundation but didn't really know about No.7 new Beautiful Skin BB cream. The sales assistant was extremely helpful and explained the product really well which made me buy it. I was so impressed by the service that I have even written a letter to Boots telling them how well I was treated by the sales assistant Ruth.


The foundation is unique 3-in-1 formula evens and enhances skin tone and disguises imperfections, while the nutrient-enriched formula helps to banish blemishes. It feel amazing on and stays on!!! I hate foundations that seem to disappear within a couple of hours. I also, really like this products as it is really light on the skin but covers all my imperfections.

It normally cost  £12.95 but with my £5 off voucher it came to £7.95.
 http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-BB-Cream-for-Normal-Oily-Skin_1244068/

I love natural define eyebrows which enhance your facial features so this Sleek Brow Kit in light was a steal. It cost me £7.99 it has a light brow powder, a darker brown cream finish, 2 brushes (flat and angled) and a mini pair of tweezers.

I have wanted a new concealer palette with more colours for myself I wasn't that fussed on the quality however, I was impressed with this palette. I got it off ebay for I think £4 so really inexpensive and I must say it does really cover up blemish and imperfections. I also love the green shade to cover up redness and the dark shades to contour. The item arrived within I think 3 days which was great. I will post the link below...

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ultrapire/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754




Finally, my beautful fellow bloggers Michelle and Dodi.

Michelle (The birthday girl) wanted a goldy smoky eye and red lips. While dodi wanted a dark eye with some colour. For both of the girl I used the Sleek Storm palette.


Hope you enjoyed this long blog...


Sarah x





No comments:

Post a Comment