Wednesday 11 April 2012

Looks of The Evening #2

At the weekend I was met a friend for a catch-up over some cocktails, so naturally I had the panic of what to wear and how fancy/casual to go.  Eventually I decided on this outfit, not too overstated and not overly casual.

Yes it is my beloved Zara jeans that I constantly wear, couldn't live without them!  But this time I decided to dressed them up.  The top is from Lipsy, it is actually a few years old... everyone loves to recycle an outfit though.  It doesn't actually look as see through as the picture makes it look, the lighting was a bit too bright here.  It is typically see through for a chiffon top, in normal lighting you could not see my skin.  And of course I had to wear my comfy heels from Carvela, honestly they feel like your wearing flats!

As the outfit was quite plain I decided to play about with some eyeshadow.  For me this is a statement eye as I usually tend to go very natural.  All the products are from Bare Minerals.  First of all I used Prime Time Primer Shadow in roasted almond, then a mixture of Glamouristic and Downtown eyeshadow and finally Glitz on the lash line (doesn't show up in picture well, it is a deep plumish/brown colour).  I added  a bit of water to Glitz to make it a more of a bold colour and look more like an eyeliner than an eyeshadow.  I have also used Pale/Ash Blonde Brow Colour to give my brows a bit more definition as they are in need of some maintenance.

Mhairi x

No comments:

Post a Comment