Sunday 8 April 2012

My London Trip

Hello everyone Nicola here...
As we all know London is the capital of shopping and sightseeing in Britain. Earlier on in the week I took a trip to London with some family for a break during Easter. I visited Hampton Court which was beautiful, went to see We Will Rock You in the Dominion theatre which was fantastic (well worth the money) and most importantly shopping on Oxford Street! Below I will show you some of the lovely clothes I purchased and also the beautiful sights that I encountered on the way.

This is Hampton Court.  The first picture is of the gardens with the palace in the background.  It is beautiful, and massive!  It is a great place to visit for some historical information about the old royals and if you are interested in historical interiors it is definitely the place to be.  Every inch of the place has been designed to express interests of the people that lived there and there are some beautiful pieces inside that are just stunning and are centuries old.



Now onto shopping.  While in London I went shopping on Oxford Street (who doesn't!).  I visited every shop on the street that I could especially the huge Topshop that covers around 6 floors!  While in Topshop I spotted this gorgeous dress that I can't wait to wear during the summer months and on my holiday to Cape Verde (which will be coming in August).  I have been looking for a dress like this for a while, one that is shorter at the front, and I finally found one that I can wear in the summer and also in the winter with tights.  I particularly love the floral detail throughout as it is so bright and colourful. 


I also paid a visit to Warehouse where I purchased three tops that are so soft and light which is also great for summer time (maybe I am being too optimistic about the weather this summer).  I have had my eye on these tops for a while and when I found a 25% off voucher in my Grazia magazine on the way down to London on the train I thought I would have a look to see if they were there.  The first one is a coral chiffon top that has embroidered white lace.  It is a really good fit on as well and very comfortable to wear. 


The second top is silk and feels great on.  It has an eagle on the front and the back that is decorated with bright colours with a great amount of detail to the decoration.  I have taken a close up of the detail on the front as it is so beautifully done that I thought it deserved a closer look.





The last top does look like a colourful deck chair however I really love how bright it is.  It uses some of the key colours this season and will go with almost anything, casual or smart.  I love the pocket detail on the top and this is what makes it look smart however, being quite a casual top when teamed with jeans or shorts. 



Hope you have enjoyed the blog and go down and visit London when you can it is well worth the visit!


Happy Shopping! <3 x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this awesome blog here with us..!
    ______________
    Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete