Friday 6 April 2012

boutique style bedroom

Hey everyone, Michelle here.

So this is our first interiors post. I just want to say that I love interiors and have been painting and decorating my own room ever since I was about 15. As I have already mentioned in my personal profile, Ikea is one of my favourite places in the world. I love how creative the rooms are and all the fantastic ideas that the visual merchandisers have.

I have recently just finished decorating my room and I decided to use a french boutique as inspiration. I wanted a nice fresh colour for spring summer, I had a couple of different testers to try but finally decided on a light blue colour (Inky Pool 3, Dulux) for my two large walls and an ivory for the smaller ones. I thought I would bring more colour into the room by decorating with different shades of blue and dusty pinks.

I bought these sheets from H&M for £5 they are the perfect colour of dusty pink that I was looking for. All these pillows were brought from Ikea (surprise, surprise). I change between the pink, plain ivory sheets and these lock and chain patterned covers which I got from Primark. I love to layer my throws the Blue one is from TU at Sainsbury's and the cream and beige ones are from Ikea.


I was hoping to find a mirror that would look as if it belongs in a french boutique. When I seen this in one of the bedroom displays in Ikea I just had to buy it. Its a great length and the wire frame was perfect for only £35 and it also matches my bed frames.




I got the love heart shaped decoration off of one of my friends just after I had decorated my room. It is such a cute piece of decoration which I have hanging off of a hook next to my bed. I had to put my Fashion Avenue sign up which I got from New York last year when I went with my fellow bloggers (Dodi also has this is Sepia). I seen the hanging pole at the kitchen department in Ikea but I thought it would be great for hanging accessories. As I hate to throw out magazines especially ones with great front covers, I bought this magazine holder also from Ikea. As my room is not very large I try to make best out of the space I have by using shelves. I have a ridiculous amount of books so these take up the majority of the shelves in my room. The boxes in the bottom picture where actually bought when I last decorated but I loved them too much to throw out. They come in three sizes and are from TK Maxx.




I like to hang my scarfs at the end of the bed so that I have easy access to them and also think they make the room look a little more interesting. If you receive an Avon book i would recommend buying this room and linen spray in Lavender. There are also lots of other scents but this is my favourite and tend to buy this one quite often :)



So I hope you all liked this post and please tell me what you think or any suggestions of what else I could add to the room x

No comments:

Post a Comment