Thursday 21 June 2012

Dodi's Skincare Routine

Hello lovelies!

I thought I would do a skincare routine post for you as it is currently working quite well for me and they are all products from the "drugstore" or highstreet as we call it here in Britain. I should say that I have normal skin, its not oily and its not dry. I have quite big pores and am constantly searching for a product to remedy this so if anyone has any suggestions I would be hugely appreciative!


This is everything that I am using at the moment. some of these things are staples that I have used for a while and some are just things that I am trying out at the moment.




Ok so at night the first thing I do is use a wipe to take off my make up. I do this because I hate getting makeup on my cloth when using my cleanser, it really freaks me out! haha At the moment I am using the johnsons dreamy skin night wipes as they were on offer in superdrug and I thought I would try them out, and boy am I glad I did! they are perfect for using before a cleanser as they are really hydrating and moisturising, almost greasy which is not ideal if a wipe is the only thing you are planning to use, however I find that it prepares my face nicely for my cleanser. I think these will now be a staple in my night time routine.



So after using the wipe I use my vitamin e hot cloth cleanser from superdrug. I purchased this originally wanting to get the well known liz earle number but as you all know im poor poor poor so I settled for the cheap version. Now I cant do a comparison because I am one of the only people on the planet that has never tried the liz earle one but what I can say is that I love this one so if liz earle is better then I seriously have to get my hands on that stuff! but in the meantime this is definitely doing the job for me. I find that it both hydrates my skin and exfoliates as I remove it with the muslin cloth, which FYI is included in the box!  I love that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, something that I find with most exfoliating cleansers. I also use this cleanser in the morning although I put it on before I jump in the shower and just rinse it off when i'm in there without the cloth.


Ok so after this my night time moisturiser is the palmers cocoa butter. I have used this moisturiser for years! Ever since the awful spotty forehead days back in high school. I first fell in love with this stuff when I had really bad acne on my forehead, after using this religiously  for a few weeks my acne started to clear up. I know its strange that a moisturiser cleared my spots but I should probably tell you it was quite dry acne so obviously this may not help everyone. I probably wouldn't advise this for people with greasy skin as it is quite a heavy moisturiser. I actually don't use this moisturiser in the morning as I find it is a bit heavy before applying makeup. Instead I have been using the clinique moisture surge which I am addicted to which is really bad as I have run out of my sample and am going to have to go and buy more! sadly this will have to wait untill payday!!




After cleaning my face in the morning I use my toner which is the garnier fresh essentials refreshing toner.  I dont use this at night and my only excuse for this is laziness. I decant this into a spray bottle so I simply just spray it on but at night I dont like to do this as I dont like waiting for it to dry! haha Thats how eager I am to get to my bed! I also dont really know what this is doing for my skin to be honest apart from giving it a fresh smell. I dont think I will be repurchasing this product as I have my eye on a few others that I have seen on other blogs. 




I have never been a religious mask user but I am starting to get more into it now and the mask that I am using at the moment is the mudd sea mask. I got this in superdrug and it has 5 applications. I have only used this once since purchasing and although I liked the result it gave the next day my skin seemed a little irritated afterwards and felt quite hot and looked a bit red. This is really strange for me as my skin is really not sensitive. I am going to give it another shot just to see if it is something which disagrees with me or if it was just a coincidence. The next morning I did feel that my skin looked really clear but I don't think I will be sticking to it if it carries on to react on my skin. 




Wow what a long post, I hope someone finds this helpful! Cocoa Butter is definitely one of the products I couldn't live without. If anyone has normal to dry skin I would definitely recommend it! Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day! 

Dodi xo

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for following! I checked out your blog and am now following back!!

    www.studentfab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Clinique products! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i havent used many of their products but i really love this moisturiser. i will have to try some other things. any recommendations? x

      Delete