Wednesday 6 June 2012

Perth- Australia

Last year my parents emigrated to Australia, Perth to be precise.  This has became a frequent holiday destination for me.  I am just back from spending a month there and have visited 2 other times.  Personally I love it and thought I would write a post about it to show why.

This is Cotteslow beach, it is near the centre of Perth.  The beach is divided by the rocks that you can see in the picture.  The side that can be seen in the picture is popular with families as the ocean is very calm here.  The other side is rougher and is popular with surfers.
This is my parents local beach, Mullaloo beach.  The beach is huge and always busy.  There is the added bonus that there is a large reef making it more difficult for sharks to come close to the shore, it still happens occasionally though.


This is the city by night, the picture was taken from a boat on the Swan River.  As a city it is quite small but has everything it needs to have.  Shopping is not great however, all the shopping malls have the same few shops with the same stock.  If you are going here and want to see something a bit different I would advise going to Leaderville as there are smaller boutiques with different clothes.  Although in saying this I do tend to buy quite a lot of clothes when in Australia as I get bored of having the same things as everyone else and I hate buying things then walking down the street and seeing another 5 people wearing it.
I thought I would add this picture in as it has a pretty background and I was embracing Aussie style.  Everyone wears denim shorts, constantly.  In winter people will wear them with a jumper and in summer they will wear them with a bikini or loose fitting top (it gets too hot to have anything touching your skin). 

Shorts:  River Island
Top: H&M
Bag: Ted Baker
Sandals: Primark
 
This is an old picture from over a year ago so I doubt and of the clothes will still be for sale.

Mhairi xx

4 comments:

  1. Nice to check this blog out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty pictures!

    xo,
    Courtney (Your newest follower)
    http://girlavantgarde.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Courtney, loving your blog but the Rainbow Cakes are making me hungry!

    xx

    ReplyDelete