Sunday 5 August 2012

DIY: GU pot candle holders

Hey guys, just wanted to put up a quick DIY post which takes very little effort and time and you also get to eat some amazing cheesecake in the process.

Anyone who is a fan of GU desserts will know that the small puddings come is glass jars as shown in the picture below. Anyone who has not yet tried these desserts then you have been missing out on something magical. I would thoroughly recommend the Lemon Cheesecake which is superb (I'm hungry now). Anyway to get back on track, I think that these tubs are too nice to throw out and as they don't come with lids, which is quite disappointing,  I decided to use them as candle holders for tea lights. As they are quite large I bought some large tea light candles for cheap from Ikea and I used some ribbon that was lying about my house.

From this:


To this:




Tips: Add a little bit of bluetack underneath the candle to keep in in place.

Cut the ends of the bow into a V-shape to give it a nice finish.

If you do not want to use candles then you could put jewellery in it instead.

Hope you like this idea :)

Michelle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment