Thursday 2 August 2012

July favourites

Good morning! Does anyone else think its crazy that its already August? This year has went in too fast for my liking :(. anyway I wanted to share my favourite beauty products from last month with you. Im going to try and write this quickly as I am meeting my fellow blogger Dodi for lunch in Glasgow so I need to go get ready.


July was quite a good month in terms of positive beauty buys, there were only a couple of things that I purchased that will never be on my shopping list again.


I found a couple of really good skin care buys that I really love.

Kleenex cotton facial cloths - I really love this new product from kleenex they are a really nice gentle material and are great for taking off eye makeup and applying toner. I also really like these for taking off nail varnish and they do not fall apart. They are a little pricier than other cotton pads but I bought them on offer and I just couldn't resist the pretty packaging:).

Garnier Pure deep pore wash - I have a love hate relationship with my skin. I have combination skin so some days my skin care routine works brilliantly and then other days when my skin is particularly oily my skin looks terrible. I really like face scrubs that have beads in it as my skin always feels better. This scrub is great as it leaves your skin feeling really clean and it also smells good.

Garnier eye make-up remover - This product is actually a year round favourite but since this is my first post like this I thought I would include it. I have quite sensitive eyes especially at the corners so I used to find it difficult to find an eye make-up remover that would not sting my eyes. I used to use one that was a lotion but I would always get it in my eyes :(. This Garnier one is amazing it is just like water and it even removes waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I would definitely recommend this product.



I love nail varnish and as I have quite a big collection I struggle finding new colours. Rimmel have brought out these new pastel colours which I thought would be really nice for summer.

Rimmel 620 How do you Lilac it? - This lilac shade is really nice on and if you have short nails like mine then its a great colour as it makes your fingers look longer.

Rimmel 705 Tangy Tangerine - This peachy colour is really great for summer and the beauty about these Rimmel nail varnishes is that they have a really nice finish and if used with a base and a top coat they last a good few days.

Barry M 337 Pink Silver Glitter - I bought this glitter nail varnish for the wedding that I have previously posted about. I put a silvery white shade from Avon underneath it and it looked amazing. This nail varnish is also really nice on its own unlike other glitter nail varnishes.


Wake me up Foundation 100 Ivory - I have sadly finished this foundation and I want to use up other ones I have before I purchase a new one. I loved this foundation, it is great for everyday use. It gives a really nice glow to your skin and it has a decent coverage and when my skin was behaving itself this foundation would stay on for the majority of the day :). I will definitely be repurchasing this.

MUA eyeshadows 17 Matt, 24 Pearl, 11 Pearl - I love these MUA eyeshadows for two reasons. Firstly they come in a wide variety of colours which are very pigmented and look amazing on and secondly they are only £1 each! My favourite shade is 11 Pearl which is the darkest one but unfortunately I dropped it so now it has broken into little pieces :(.






MUA Lipstick 16 Nectar - Yes another MUA product also only £1 and I love it. I have wanted a peach coloured lipstick for a while but I could find one that wasn't over the top. This one is really nice as it has a gloss shine to it and goes on more like a lip balm than a lipstick so you can put it on without a mirror and it wont look terrible.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable 001 Honey Douce - I have saved the best until last. This revlon balm stain is the cheap alternative to Clinique's Chubby Stick. This particular colour is fantastic for everyday use and stays on for quite a while without losing its colour. I will definitely be buying this in other shades come pay day.

Hope you enjoyed this post, Thanks for reading!

Michelle xox

2 comments: