Friday 4 May 2012

Bare Minerals READY Mineral Veil

Hi

Sorry this took so long to do.  First of all, it took over a week to be dispatched due to technical difficulties (but I got a free lip gloss because of the wait) and secondly I wanted to test the product thoroughly before reviewing it.

First of all for anyone who isn't familiar with Bare Minerals products, mineral veil is the finishing powder which is designed to set your makeup in place.  The READY collection is a new collection of pressed powders instead of the loose powders that Bare Minerals usually is.

My experience of the traditional mineral veil varied greatly, it worked well in an everyday setting but as soon as it was a night out or the sun started shining the product always disappointed.  I also felt like it was finished very quickly, even though I did not use much.  The product is so fine that it just seems to float away.  For these reasons I did not expect much from the READY version, I was however pleasantly surprised.

The powder keeps the product looking good for about 7 hours, at this stage all that is required is a quick top up of mineral veil, no foundation required.  This will obviously depend on your skin type however, I have a moderately oily T Zone, especially my nose.  Due to this surprise I decided to put the product to the test with a night out and a trip to the beach (I am currently in Australia).

By then end of the night out my makeup was still in place despite being in an overly crowded and warm club, result.  Usually by the end of the night my makeup has melted off, the only other way to avoid this is if I go for the caked look, not so great.  The beach trip did not go so well however, the makeup was off after about 2 hours.  Note I don't usually bother wearing make-up to the beach, this was purely for the testing of the product and it was 29 degrees, I don't know any make-up that would stay on well in that temperature.

Finally the application of the product.  It comes with a sponge (on the right of product) but I actually found that this was taking my foundation off (kind of ruins the point in the product).  So i experimented with a few brushes.  I found that applying the product for an everyday setting, Bare Minerals Feather Light Face Brush (brush on left) did the trick.  When I felt that I would need a heavier coverage of the product though Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush ( brush on right) was better.  When using the flawless face brush for the heavier coverage I did feel that it dulled the effects of my highlighter though.

Overall I think this is a good product and is far better than the original Mineral Veil.  If you are a Bare Minerals lover invest in this product.  I would now like to try more of the READY collection, have anyone tried anything else?  If so, let me know your thoughts.

Mhairi x

No comments:

Post a Comment