Saturday 12 May 2012

A little DIY



Hey Guys, so on Thursday I went through to Edinburgh for the afternoon to see my Aunty and as I arrived early I had some time to look around the shops in the capital. As I don't know Edinburgh very well and the weather was really awful that day I stuck to just a few shops along princes street. My first and most important stop was in the new Primark which I have to say is a million times better to any we have here in Glasgow, it was tidy, clean and had a lot more stock than I have seen here also. As I have been really short of cash this month I didn't buy as much as I would have liked.  I saw a few really nice pieces that now I cant stop thinking about, totally regretting not making those purchases! Anyway...I thought I would show you the things I did pick up. The first thing I got was this totally adorable collar, I absolutely love it! Although I do think it is quite difficult to wear as finding something that it goes with is quite tricky. I tried it with a simple black vest top and this gave me a bit of a playboy bunny look which I wasn't too keen on. Anyway for £3.00 you cannot really go wrong and I'm hoping that they will make some more patterns, so Primark if you are listening a leopard print one would be fab!!



After some playing around with different things I came up with this, I am wearing a top from Miss Selfridge and my skirt is from Primark.




My second purchase of the day were these shoes. I have been looking at getting a pair of these slipper like pumps for a while now but hadn't found any within my sadly low budget until I hit Primark! At £6.00 these were quickly snapped up and in my soggy Primark paper bag before I knew it!


As much as I like these little shoes, the ones I had seen previously were all studded. Soooo...

Now for the DIY...

I decided that I would try out adding some studs to these shoes to jazz them up a bit. So the very next day I got up bright and early and headed out to find me some studs. After a whole morning of traipsing through town and into all fabric/haberdashery shops I could think of I knew the next place I had to look was the selection of gothic/punk shops on Queen street. After braving these slightly intimidating shops I still had no success therefore went home and decided to use my good friend ebay for the job. I quickly found exactly what I was looking for. Having only ordered these yesterday I was very surprised to hear them dropping through the letter box this morning. This is the link for the seller I used and I would highly recommend them link!

After a LOT of playing around this was the end result


Ok, ok so its not ground breaking but I do think it makes them that little bit more special. I had originally planned on covering the toes with studs but this just proved too difficult and I certainly didn't  have the patience for it. If you are someone with more patience then I would say this would certainly be possible. I think shoes were maybe a rather ambitious starting point so maybe next I will try something a little more simple like a T-shirt or something but I will definitely keep you all updated.

Dodi xo





No comments:

Post a Comment