Tuesday 15 May 2012

A little make up shopping...


Hello lovelies,

So I was a little bored today and decided to go for a wander to boots and superdrug. Having seen some swatches of the new loreal caresse lipsticks on a blog I just discovered and love, pearls and poodles I decided I had to go and try them out for myself and see what else I could pick up in the superdrug 3 for 2 offer at the moment. So these are the things I bought.




So the first thing I got was the rouge caresse lipstick in cheek magenta which is a beautiful fuscia pink with blue undertones which is great for making teeth look whiter!! I don't personally think that its the best colour on my skin, I much prefer it on paler skin tones but I really loved the shade so had to go for it anyway. The other thing I love about this lipstick is that it is really moisturising and this is essential for me as my lips are extremely dry no matter what I use on them. (best thing I have found for chapped lips so far is nivea sos lip relief, if anyone has any suggestions for lip balms please let me know!)







So the next thing I went for was one of the sleek eyeshadow palettes, I have wanted one ever since Sarah, my fellow blogger, used one of them for my make up at Michelle's birthday.  I decided to go for the au naturel palette as I thought the colours were the most wearable for day to day make up.





Then the last thing I got from superdrug was the revlon liquid quick dry polish. a bit of a random purchase I know but I am awful for getting impatient and smudging my polish so I thought I would give it a go. I have to say it does work to dry the polish but it is a really strange product! Its almost oily and doest seem to dry itself and I have just been wiping it off after its done the job of drying the polish which isn't what it says to do on the back of the polish, however I think it works best like that.

So I then headed to boots to see what offers they were doing and I found these two polishes in the collection 2000 section. they were 2 for £3 which it a complete bargain meaning that I will probably return tomorrow and buy another 2! I am really happy with the way they have gone on. They were opaque in two coats and the colours are stunning for summer! the two shades I bought were "look at me" and "fruit salad".


So all in all I got all this stuff for less that £20!! The offers out there are really good at the moment, I also noticed that boots are doing an offer on revlon varnishes, 2 for £8, although not on the new colour stay enamels which I am eager to try out, does it really do what it says on the tin?? If any one has any good reviews if them please let me know!

Dodi xo


No comments:

Post a Comment