Thursday 31 May 2012

Singapore

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, after getting back to Australia it became clear that I had also caught the mumps.  This caused me to be in bed for a week then I spent my last week catching up on everything that I had planned to do when I was ill, p.s an Australia post will be up soon.

I have to confess that I spent most of my time on Sentosa (holiday resort island) but did venture into Singapore to shop.

Hard Rock Hotel, Sentosa.  This pool/fake beach is the reason I did not venture to Singapore many times.
I did manage to visit the beach on Sentosa however.  I am aware that there are no outfit posts here, it is ridiculously humid here so the looser the clothes the better.  I lived with my hair in a donut this whole holiday to keep my hair off my back as it was so clammy.
I can't not mention my main purchases.  I got a bit over excited when I saw Sephore and 100 dollars later this is what I had (minus the make-up bag).  The products are Taupe Model No. 06 Palette, Choco Excess No. 19 eyeshadow, Touche Limiere Lissante (concealer) and Professional Smudging Brush. 
The make-up bag is from Victoria's Secret, which is full of beauty products, bags and purses.  Do not expect to buy underwear here.

Many of the shops in Singapore are UK high street stores which charge much more than they do in the UK, Forever 21 does have a shop at normal prices.  If you visit it is worth going to Orchard Road to look at the designer stores and if you are staying in Sentosa, a visit to the Galleria is worthwhile as it is small but I have never seen so much luxury in the one place.

Mhairi x

No comments:

Post a Comment